A FEW WORDS ABOUT ME
My name is Kelly Orr and I am a Bachelor-degree qualified Clinical Nutritionist with a passion for food and health.
I am accredited by ANTA (The Australian Natural Therapists Association), having completed a Bachelor of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine & Dietetics) through Endeavour College of Natural Health in Sydney. I was awarded 1 of 7 ANTA New Graduate Awards in 2019.
I live in the beautiful Lower Blue Mountains and love shopping at the local farmers markets and enjoying the view of the bush and the birds from my backyard.
After discovering I had coeliac disease in 2010, I have adopted a nutritious and delicious gluten-free way of eating and nourish my body everyday with real whole foods.
I have also lost over 20kg and have experienced first-hand how to take control of my weight and my health through sustainable dietary and lifestyle changes.
I am also a Speech Pathologist with 12 years experience working with children and adults with disabilities and their families and carers. I completed a Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology) through Sydney University in 2006.
At Love Thy Food Nutritionist, our mission is to provide affordable, evidence based and practical nutrition advice so that you can live your best life.
- Empower you to regain control over nutrition and health using food as medicine alongside other natural medicine tools
- Increase your knowledge and confidence in sourcing, preparing and eating a wide variety of whole foods that help you achieve your individual goals
- Work with you to help you find balance in your life so that you have the energy, resilience and tools to live the life you want
- Coeliac disease and other digestive and autoimmune conditions
- Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight for the long-term
- Working with children and adults with disabilities and their families and carers
- Optimal nutrition during preconception and pregnancy (for mums, dads, and babies)
- Restoring optimal gut health
Kelly is a fantastic clinician who has an attention to detail you don’t often find. She showed great empathy when delving into my health story, and discovered details that both my GP and I had overlooked. My health markers for iron, my stress levels, and my overall health have improved dramatically over 12 months of care. Kelly’s advice and knowledge have led me to be happier, more energetic and far more conscious of what I put into my body. I would recommend Kelly as a nutritional clinician to anyone who wants long term improvements in their health.